We are an association of professionals engaged in and dedicated to the practice of dispute resolution through mediation. Our mission is to:
- Foster public awareness of mediation as the preferred method of dispute resolution
- Provide information to the public about mediators that meet our standards for accreditation
- Protect the public through standards of conduct for our mediators
- Act as a training, educational and collegial resource for mediators in New Jersey.
Are you in a dispute, lawsuit or a divorce?
Are you interested in a career in mediation?
For couples who meet the criteria, NJAPM is offering divorce mediation by a trained apprentice under the supervision of a highly experienced Accredited Professional Mediator. The cost is $150 per hour.
Getting divorced or thinking about it? Find out more about divorce in New Jersey and divorce mediation.
Please register for the next general meeting on Wednesday, April 23rd at 6:00pm at the Law Center, 1 Constitution Square, New Brunswick, NJ. The speaker for the evening is Janet Pfeiffer who will talk about anger and provide tools to the mediators dealing with angry parties in any type of mediation.
NJAPM's Annual Divorce Seminar will be held on May 9, 2014, from 8 am to 3 pm at the Imperia in Somerset, NJ.
Legal Update: Vincent DeLuca, Esq
1) Issues to Consider when Divorce Mediation Involves Children with Special Needs
a. Lori Wolf Esq
b. Beth Manes Esq
2) Evaluating and Dealing with Addiction Issues in Mediation
NJAPM Webinar on Marketing Your Mediation Practice
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
11:45 AM to 1:00 PM
This will be our debut NJAPM Webinar. The location will be on your computer or tablet. This is a marketing 201 class - it moves beyond the basics. The course is for both civil and divorce mediators.
An 8 hour course on May 6, 2014
You should take this course if:
Seeking APM Members to serve as Mentors and Graduates of the 40 hour divorce mediation training as Apprentices.
Mediation is playing a growing role in helping homeowners and lenders affected by the recent crisis. Below are some resources concerning foreclosure mediation in NJ: