We are an association of professionals engaged in and dedicated to the practice of dispute resolution through mediation. Our mission is to:
- Foster public awareness of mediation as the preferred method of dispute resolution
- Provide information to the public about mediators that meet our standards for accreditation
- Protect the public through standards of conduct for our mediators
- Act as a training, educational and collegial resource for mediators in New Jersey.
Are you in a dispute, lawsuit or a divorce?
Are you interested in a career in mediation?
For couples who meet the criteria, NJAPM is offering divorce mediation by a trained apprentice under the supervision of a highly experienced Accredited Professional Mediator. The cost is $150 per hour.
Getting divorced or thinking about it? Find out more about divorce in New Jersey and divorce mediation.
An 8 hour course on May 6, 2014
You should take this course if:
- You are a collaborative law professional and need a basic 8-hour training
- You want to learn some basic mediation skills before taking a full-length course
- You are representing clients who are involved in mediations
- You are informally mediating and want more information about increasing your skills
Program topics include:
Our general meeting is on Wednesday , March 19th at 6:00 pm at the Law Center, 1 Constitution Sq., New Brunswick and the program is -
"MARKETING YOUR PRACTICE WITHOUT PUTTING A DENT IN YOUR POCKET OR TIME"
Speaker - Vik Rajan, www.phoneblogger.net
Enhance your practice or career – become a court-approved and/or private practice civil mediator.
Spring 2014 Dates: Sundays and Mondays, March 9, 10, 23 & 24
We are now accepting ON-LINE and mail-in renewals for the new membership year beginning in October 2013. Renew your membership now!
The NJ Department of Banking and Insurance has instituted a mediation program for qualified disputed insurance claims related to Storm Sandy. The program is free to qualified policy holders and policy holders lose none of their legal rights.
Seeking APM Members to serve as Mentors and Graduates of the 40 hour divorce mediation training as Apprentices.
Mediation is playing a growing role in helping homeowners and lenders affected by the recent crisis. Below are some resources concerning foreclosure mediation in NJ: